Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
"The government is born wounded and weakened, as Mr Berlusconi can pull the plug on it at any time," He added - in CNBC
Monday, November 28, 2011
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Friday, November 25, 2011
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Professor Nouriel Roubini interviewed on the phone by Yahoo Finance Roubini said that the IMF does not have enough resources to save Europe and that now the contagion is spreading to the rest of Europe , the size of the IMF resources are absolutely not sufficient to bailout Europe , Italy and Spain alone are in 3 trillion euro public debt problem equivalent to 4 trillion US Dollars .... money alone is not going to resolve the problems in Europe Roubini explains , Europe is a slow motion train wreck he added ... "The contagion has now gone viral, cross Atlantic and global." Roubini says
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
"Goldbugism is a cult similar to worship of the Biblical Golden Calf. If we kept believin such voodoo we wold still be stranded in the desert" he added "Problem of Gold Stn: wage cuts much harder than FX deval.Politically unacceptable" Roubini explains "Goldbugism is theology not economics.There is literally no piece of evidence that would cause them to change their minds"
Monday, November 21, 2011
Sunday, November 20, 2011
"Hard money & keeping the gold standard, equivalent to today's EZ monetary union, pushed Europe into bank runs & the Great Depression in 1931" he added
Friday, November 18, 2011
“In our view, even that limited plan may fail and once it fails it is not obvious that the international community at that point is going to ‘double down’ after having committed up to €600-€800 billion,” “At that point, orderly debt restructuring in Italy and Spain may become the right thing to do and eventually if the eurozone is not sustainable the idea of first Greece and Portugal but then of Italy or Spain exiting the eurozone cannot be ruled out.”
this could occur by the end of 2013 or in the opening months of 2014. - in www.fundweb.co.uk
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Monday, November 14, 2011
"Italy might be forced into a debt restructuring and down the line may be forced into an exit from the euro zone." Roubini told Reuters Television in an interview in Moscow.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
"So if you cannot devalue, or grow, or deflate to a real depreciation, the only option left will end up being to give up on the euro and to go back to the lira and other national currencies. Of course that will trigger a forced conversion of euro debts into new national currency debts." Roubini said
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Read more on Newsmax.com: Roubini: Italy's Days in Eurozone May Be Numbered Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now! "That would partially address its 'stock' problem of large and unsustainable debt but it would not resolve its 'flow' problem, a large current account deficit, lack of external competitiveness and a worsening plunge in gross domestic product and economic activity."
"To resolve the latter, Italy may, like other periphery countries, need to exit the monetary union and go back to a national currency, thus triggering an effective break-up of the eurozone."
"Even a restructuring of the debt – that will cause significant damage and losses to creditors in Italy and abroad – will not restore growth and competitiveness...if you cannot devalue, or grow, or deflate to a real depreciation, the only option left will end up being to give up on the euro and to go back to the lira and other national currencies."
- Roubini writes in the Financial Times . - via Newsmax
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
"Goldman, Others Face MF Global-Type Threat: Roubini" Nouriel Roubini wrote on twitter today , Roubini explains that "What happened to MF Global could happen to Jefferies, Barclays, Goldman Sachs & Morgan Stanley.Leverage & maturity mismatch can lead to runs,", Roubini tweeted saying that several huge financial institutions could collapse in the blink of an eye like MF Global. The Collapse may, include: Goldman Sachs Morgan Stanley Jefferies Barclays
Monday, November 7, 2011
Friday, November 4, 2011
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
"In a situation where it becomes disorderly, with defaults by a number of countries and a resulting exit of a number of states from the eurozone and its eventual break-up, the shock that could occur ... could be as large, if not larger, than the fall of Lehman in 2008,"
Nouriel Roubini told a Commonwealth business forum in Perth. - in ET NOW
- ► 2012 (437)
- Roubini : The Eurozone PIIGS need a weaker Euro
- Roubini: Italy Debt Must Be Restructured
- Spain wont be able to stay in The Eurozone says RG...
- Roubini : Euro/Dollar should be 1.0 or lower
- Roubini : We have effectively Zero Growth
- Roubini : Supporters of a Gold Standard Are Lunati...
- Roubini on the global climate change & the Emergin...
- 50% probability of Eurozone breakup within 2-to-3...
- Roubini : Europe Contagion Gone Viral & Global
- Nouriel Roubini vs. James Rickards over The Gold S...
- Roubini: Italy has passed the point of no return
- There is no right price of gold
- Gold Standard in 1930s didnt allow preventing runs...
- Roubini : Eurozone break-up by 2014 a possibility...
- Roubini : The Eurozone Crisis has spread to the co...
- Roubini : Spain is as much of a disaster as Italy
- Roubini : The Eurozone crisis seems to be reaching...
- Roubini: Chaos in Europe would hit world harder th...
- Italy at risk of exiting euro zone
- Roubini : the Endgame for the Eurozone has begun
- Roubini : Rising Risk of EuroZone BreakUp
- Roubini : France could lose its AAA status
- Roubini: Italy Is Doomed & Needs to Exit The Euro ...
- Roubini : Italy should go back to the Lira
- Roubini: Italy's Days in Eurozone May Be Numbered
- Roubini : The worst case scenario for Italy is ine...
- Roubini : Goldman Sachs & Morgan Stanley Face MF ...
- If the Eurozone blows up, it all gets worse
- Roubini very bearish on Europe
- Roubini on Charlie Rose - China currency debate - ...
- Europe should devalue the Euro & Slash interest ra...
- The Eurozopne eventual Breakup shock could be larg...
- Nouriel Roubini : World recession looms
- ▼ November (33)
- ► 2010 (359)
Nouriel Roubini nicknamed Dr. Doom and lately Dr. Realist by CNBC , is a professor of economics at the Stern School of Business, New York University and chairman of RGE Roubini Global Economics, an economic consultancy firm . Prof. Nouriel Roubini A world-class economist who offers an unflinching look at the global meltdown and distinctive insights into its course going forward. His research on financial crisis in emerging economics has yielded a unique and now vindicated approach to future collapses. Roubini speaks on the global economic outlook and its implications for the financial markets. From his analysis of past collapses of emerging economies, he has identified common factors that support his predictions of crisis in the US and world markets. He has held several high-level advisory positions in the US government and international finance organisations, published numerous policy papers and books on key international macro-economic issues and is regularly cited as an authority in
Peter Schiff : When the reign of King Dollar finally comes to a belated end, let's hope all the Gold we allegedly have stored in Fort Knox is actually there - Peter Schiff : “Creditor nations that buy gold cheap from bankrupt nations forced to sell at... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit www.figanews.com f...2 days ago